Saturday 10 November 2012

Marg: Day 366/365 Challenge - last day!!!!!!!

Nice run today with Ben through the beech trees around Limes Park in Basingstoke. Last day in the UK. Since Ben was the one that suggested that I do this challenge, it was very fitting that he was running with me on my last day. It was a really nice run and a great way to finish.....

Well, here it is... The day I had been dreaming about and wishing for on some of my darker days on the challenge. The last day of a leap year run365challenge! It was a great sense of relief to do it but mixed with some sadness as I will not be continuing on as Charles has committed to doing.

I have run 1,171.6 miles (almost as far as Indianapolis to Miami) over 204 hrs, 57 mins and 24 secs (about 8 1/2 days straight) at an average speed of 5.7 mph. During this time I climbed 42,190 ft (more than twice the height of Mount McKinley)and burnt 132,222 calories (about the same amount of energy as in 806 medium Mars bars!). I ran a minimum of 2 miles but averaged 3.07 miles per day. I really cannot believe I have done this and so pleased to have achieved it!

Thanks for your support and friendship over the past year. I have been greatly encouraged by your posts, struggles, achievements and photos. I have really enjoyed this challenge and feel that I have achieved so much more than just the stats above. I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to now. I know how to overcome my desires to give up and know that even when going for a run was the last thing I wanted to do, I never regretted it after I had done it. This was every much a mental challenge as it was a physical challenge. I encourage everyone that is still doing the challenge to keep going, as it is so worth it!!

Still looking for my next "challenge", any ideas would be appreciated. Should have a walk365challenge or an exercise365challenge......

I will keep viewing the blog. Keep up the great work, thanks again and thanks Tony for starting this up.....what a great idea.
Day 366/365 Challenge. by margcurtis13 at Garmin Connect - Details

2 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing. I'm a way from from 365 but each day is getting easier since my op but within a week I'll be able to run properly rather than brisk walking. I'll try and post more pictures soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marg, big congratulations for getting to the end of the challenge. What an achievement. I hope whatever you do next, you'll enjoy it. I've enjoyed reading your posts which have given me inspiration when I've not felt like running. Let us know what you do next. Great pictures btw. :)

    ReplyDelete