Saturday 10 November 2012

Jack: Day 136-137...Surprise Warwick trip!

This weekend was my Aunt's surprise 40th birthday party in Warwick! Vicki and I got up early and flew down to Birmingham airport where we hired a motor and spent the morning wandering around Stratford-upon-Avon. I was loving it! As an English teacher I probably have a clause in my contract somewhere stating  that I have to be enthusiastic about Shakespeare but today was genuinely brilliant. Vicki and I had a wander round and checked out his birthplace before popping over to see his grave. I was gutted when we got there however to find that there was a wedding going on at the church and so we couldn't get in to see it! It just means I will have to go back. Once we had seen enough we checked into our hotel and I went for my run. I decided to run up to Warwick Castle which was just over 6km and a really nice route. I took my phone so I could get a few pictures however I still haven't quite mastered the art of taking a photo of myself with the intended background so the one below of me with the castle was one of about ten attempts! After a night of partying with my family I got up early for a pre-breakfast run. After a night of celebrations however this run was decidedly slower and I cut it back to the minimum distance of 5km. It still set me up perfectly for a buffet hotel breakfast however and  definitely got my moneys worth!!

136 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
137 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details





No comments:

Post a Comment