Sunday 11 November 2012

Day 120-126 by a philosophical Sallycinn

Over a third through the challenge now and can't believe how running every day has become part of my life.  It's keeping me motivated and although sometimes I'm just doing the minimum, I know it's having a positive effect on me. 
After being demotivated after the 10k last Sunday, I have spent the last week thinking about why I felt so disappointed.  I now realise that it's not about the time or feeling embarrased about being near the back - it's about being at the start line, doing your best but ultimately just doing it.  Can learn a lot from running! :)  Whoops - got a bit philosophical there!  Anyway, my week went like this...
Day 120 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
After work - minimum as day after Ilminster 10k so rest day.  Feeling pleased that I did the 10k yesterday and feeling more positive about it.
Day 121 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 121 - Part 2 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Before and after crossfit and Grav Maga session. 2 hours of exercise can't be bad.  :)
Day 123 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
From work - still tired from Sunday so straight home.  Enjoyed it though. :)
Day 123 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Was going to have to do a social programme activity with my students, but it got cancelled.  A good opportunity to go for a longer run, but I admit, the lazy side of me was stronger and I just ran home !!  Hey, it happens to us all! :)
Day 124 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Day 125 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Slow, but feeling under the weather and there was a lot of traffic today! 
Day 126 by Sallycinn at Garmin Connect - Details
Lovely, sunny day. Going to try to do a long run every weekend now so that when I do a 10k or longer, it's not a shock to my body.  I'm not worried about the time, that will improve over the next few months, more that I'm doing the miles.  Felt good today and enjoyed it immensely.  This is why I run. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment