Sunday 18 November 2012

Jack: Day 148-149/365

148 was just another basic 5k run along the main road to Giffnock. Fairly boring I know but the options are getting more and more limited as the evenings get darker. 149 was a run to and from CrossFit as I stepped in to take a fundamentals session at 6:15pm. Whilst at the box I had a crack at a few pullups and handstand pressups and found them much harder than I had done previously. It just shows that while the running may be having a great impact on my cardiovascular fitness, the lack of strength training is really hammering my power. I am still able to force out a couple of muscle-ups on the rings though which is reassuring. I will have to make an effort to get back in the gym more often in order to maintain a good all round level of fitness.

The workload at school is also huge at the moment with my Interim Report due very soon. Lots of pressure which means lots of extra time planning and reflecting. It will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment