Tuesday 8 January 2013

Vardoggs 6/365 run by Vardoggs at Garmin Connect - Details

Vardoggs 6/365 run by Vardoggs at Garmin Connect - Details

Even though I knew that I was going to have to run through some pain and potentially some sickness I didn't plan for them to happen in the first week of the challenge. Throat feels worse and the cold air felt like it was cutting it. Tomorrow morning we are expecting rain! Bring it on...

Increased my mileage today to 2 miles. Training for long races 2 miles comes and goes in the warm-up without hardly noticing it - today I was paying close attention to each foot strike trying to determine if I am increasing my mileage too soon. It's all relative right?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Sorry you are ill so early in the challenge! I'm only just seeing the back of a chest/respiratory infection that I've has since the middle of December, so I sympathise.

    I was being allowed to respond to your comment on my blog post, so I've pasted it into this one.....

    Yep, I have just been to see the Chiro today (I had been seeing an osteopath, but she focussed on very gentle movements and more of the MF release tissue work, and I felt no benefit). My chiro uses traditional manipulation by hand. I began seeing a chiro when I was about 20, long after a twisted fall in hockey damaged and weakened my latissimus Dorsi causing problems with my shoulder. I see Andrew for both general spine health and sport related problems. I have a longer than average neck, which gets very tight, due to computer work, and looking down at children all day. I am hyper mobile in my hips and shoulders, and also my spine. Today, I pretty much had my skull put back on top of my spine (!!!) pelvis re-aligned, and vertebrae popped back in their place in the row!! Andrew also uses acupuncture in support of the treatment, which is on the cards for the next appointment. I'm going to need some consistent work, I think!

    So you are a chiropractor?

    I hope you can get away with counting the first two days of your 365!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete