Monday 21 January 2013

Jack: Day 213-215/365...150 To go!

This weekend was tough. My legs were absolutely ruined on saturday morning after friday's football! I was hoping to do parkrun but there was no chance of running a quick 5k so I decided on an extra half hour in bed and a gentle jog later in the day. I decided to make the run a bit of a longer one to make up for a lack of pace and so covered just over 8km. Sunday I was still aching in my quads and hamstrings and so just about managed my minimum 5km. This was disappointing as I had hoped to get a decent long run in this weekend. Nevermind! I still have time on my side before the marathon in May and I thought it would be best to play it safe this weekend.

On Monday I decided to head out after school and run along to Giffnock. As I was running along it started to snow but it was quite a pleasant evening and so  I decided to keep going and see where I ended up. The loop ended up being just under 8km and was quite pleasant so I a sure I will follow this route again.

All that leaves me with 150 days to go! This is a very exciting milestone. I know it is still almost 5months worth of running but 150 days sounds much more manageable than 365. The main focus is now going to be hitting the final 100 and then cracking on with my fundraising!

No comments:

Post a Comment