Tuesday 8 January 2013

Jack: Days 201-202/365

Monday was a simple out and back route totaling just under 6km. It was a pretty straightforward run with nothing too exciting to report.

Tuesday I received an e-mail from 'The Solider's Charity' with regards to my fundraising. I told them recently that I would be using this challenge to raise money for them and so they are sending me some fundraising gear. They have also invited me to Edinburgh Castle at the end of the challenge to meet them for some photographs and to hand over my donation. I have been asked if they mind using my experience of the challenge for the news sections of their Facebook page which is quite exciting.

For my run this evening I decided to experiment with my Garmin a little. I have not really made use of the 'training' functions that are programmed into the unit as I have simply been running for distance/time. Tonight I set myself an interval session of 5 hard minutes followed by 90secs jogging. I did three sets of this which took my total distance to 5.85km. I really pushed the fast sections and the first half of the run was a steady uphill climb which made things tough. I am sure it was worth it though and I will be making greater use of this function in future runs.

201 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
202 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment