Thursday 25 October 2012

Karl: Day 195&196/365 - The end?

Hi folks I am seriously considering taking a break from the challenge and maybe restarting at a new date.
For at least 2 months now I have been labouring with a foot problem and nothing I do seems to make it go away. In recent days it has been getting progressively worse. Longer runs are better - I didn't have a problem at all during the River Ayr Challenge 40 miler, it wasn't great though during the recent Pentland Skyline. I have three ultra marathons coming up and don't feel my foot is in a good place to cope with them. If nothing else it needs some rest.

Happy for you to advise me in some way as to how to keep the challenge alive but at the moment giving it a break sounds like the right thing to do. It appears that the issue with the foot has moved up into my back which really isn't helping. Admittedly, I haven't been to a physio yet but am trying to save my pennies tbh. 

Anyway, moan over for now. Decision will be made tomorrow - either I will or won't have run. If I did, decision has been moved on another day. 

Here are my latest 2 runs: 
7k to and from a club coaching session yesterday: I was going to join in the club run but thought better of it with the foot issue.

Just over 5k today to meet a new client and drop off an invoice.

2 comments:

  1. The decision has to entirely your but we would be sad to lose you after getting more than half way through

    I tore my hip muscle on day 102 and have been running with injuries for most of the challenge now. What I've found is even though it sometimes hurts like hell, I've developed a mental strength to get me through to the end of my daily runs.

    You will have our full support on whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karl. What a shame if you have to give up. I missed one day as you know about 300 days in and have had to start again. That was a tough decision too. Whatever your decision I am sure it will be the right one for you. :)
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete