Tuesday 30 October 2012

Data Dilemma

Folks, I have a serious data dilemma. On Sunday I ran 60k (Jedburgh Ultra Marathon). Somewhere between the end of the run and the next morning my Garmin 310XT performed some sort of magic that made all the data of that run go away. It is not to be found in the history of the Garmin nor has it ever transferred over to Garmin Connect or Training Center.

I do have a day missing in August where the data just wouldn't transfer but it had been on the watch. Based on the rules of the challenge I believe that an unrecorded would constitute a requirement to restart.

From what I can gather I may have exhausted the options of retrieving the file for the 60k run.

Your comments would be much appreciated. Strangely as I was about to quite the challenge a few days ago due to my foot hurting and this looks like an opportune exit route, it actually makes me not want to stop.

Should possibly add that I ran the 60k in 6:12 hrs and finish in 5th place which I was very chuffed with.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure if you posted a link to the official results that would help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot my garmin watch for the Edinburgh Half Marathon in May and contacted Tony about it. He said as long as I had a link to an officially recorded time then that would be enough to prove that you ran the event. Also, any official photos from the event would be good :)

    I was also at Jedburgh but only did the 10k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your time and finishing 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great time & place!! Agree with Charles - official time should be fine. :)
    Glad you have decided to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the 60k and time and like everyone else says you have proof of start and finish if not the data so I think you ran slightly more than your min !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, agree that official results page would be ample evidence!

    ReplyDelete