Saturday 20 October 2012

Jack: Day 122/365...1/3 of the way!

Well today marks my passing of the first third of the challenge and, whilst I am aware that it is probably going to be the easiest section of the year, it is satisfying nonetheless. As I have been enjoying my half term break today was a day for catching up on marking and lesson prep. This meant that the majority of my day was spent reading countless essays about assassins before trying to plan a course of lessons on Catherine MacPhail's book 'Tribes'.

A while back on this blog we were discussing what everyone was reading at that moment in time. My period without internet access has meant that since I last commented on this  I have finished the Game of Thrones books (well those which have been published so far!) and am eagerly awaiting the final book to be released. In the meantime I have read a couple of awesome novels 'Snowdrops' and 'A sense of an ending' which were winner and runner up in the Booker Prize last year. I am currently reading 'Bounce' by Matthew Syed. It is a fascinating exploration into the 'myth of talent' and suggests that there is no such thing as having 'natural ability'. The first section focuses on the idea that it takes 10,000 hours of purposeful practice to become an 'expert' in a field. I wonder how many 365challenges I would have to complete to become an expert 5k runner...

This evening's run was another simple out and back towards Greenock.  It is not the most exciting run in the world but I quite like it in the evening as it is easy to navigate, well lit and is a gentle downhill all the way home! At least it was dry tonight!

122 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment