Monday 29 October 2012

Day 128-132/365 by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 128/365 by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
Tonight was club night and myself and fellow hardcore challenger Nicky and a few club members set out and did our 10k route in reverse direction.
Day 129/365 by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
My return to the first route I ran when i started running back in may 2011. The memories came back as to why I run. Lets say a good thing came from a dark thing.
Day 130/365 by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
And Repeat
Day 131/365by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
Looking forward to the race tomorrow
Day 132/365 by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
Got up at 5:30am ...well mum woke me up as she was marshalling on this event. Had a journey of an hour to the fire station in Salisbury. The race HQ was in the fire station as the fire fighters chartiy used to run this event and now total buzz events run it with the charity.
 A cold morning and only 160 ish runners as today is the great south run but i dont mind a small field. I felt nervous as this was the first event I was doing after my heart shock thing. I made sure i was mentally ready and checked my HR at each mile mark but at 2 miles my shins
went tight this soon went when i sped up a bit and found a lovely hill at five miles but as i got too 6 miles I was in the swing of it. I caught up to a chap called Brian who was aiming for a sub 2 hours, told him on current pace we will be about 1:50 so we kept each other in good spirits as we smashed through each mile till we got to the finish. Brian got his Pb and I got my Pb 1:51:41.
We were both over the moon
Thats 3 PB's a 5k,10k and a Half marathon and my 1st marathon all since starting the challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Love the skip over the finish line in a skirted condom look!!

    Well done anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your pb Rob, good to see you still going well.

    ReplyDelete