Sunday 28 October 2012

Jack: Day 130/365

As the clocks went back last night I really enjoyed my extra hour in bed this morning! I have started watching Mad Men and am just getting stuck into season 2 so I had a nice lazy morning watching an episode on my laptop with a coffee before heading out into the rain for my run. Fortunately it was only a light drizzle so it didn't really affect me too much. I have had worse! I decided to head back to the park and try a few different paths to see what I was missing. I decided to abandon my usual anti-clockwise loop in favour of a clockwise start and soon found myself at the bottom of a very large hill with plenty of steps leading up to the flagpole in the centre of the park. Unable to resist the challenge (and the opportunity to pretend that I was Rocky Balboa!) I decided to tackle it. This section of the run was pretty tough and I am going to try to incorporate it into a larger 'hills' session which I might start attempting once a week to give the runs a bit of variety. The good thing about running in the park is that I know it is exactly one kilometre from my front door. This means that once I hit the park I can simply make up my run as I go and I know that as long as I don't leave before the Garmin hits 4km I will be able to make it a nice 5km. This afternoon I am off to a 'gin-tasting' session which should be interesting. A combination of gin cocktails and afternoon tea sounds ace and will be a nice way to end the weekend. I think it was a good idea to get the run completed this morning!

130 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment