Wednesday 24 October 2012

Karen - Day 1/365

Hello to all 365 challenge runners - well day 1 was all about getting my minimum distance route sorted and working out how the new garmin forerunner 10 works (very simple actually!). Found an easy route just over a mile that I'm sure will become my new best friend. Keen to avoid shin splints after a long break from running so just aiming for the minimum distance for a few weeks to get into it! Now to work out the Garmin connect site... wish me luck!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/236655094

6 comments:

  1. Hi welcome to the challenge. Enjoy it and before you know it you will be clocking up the days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - Welcome! Where are you based?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome on board Karen! Where are you based about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in sometset. Will hopefully have a profile soon so you can see a bit about me! Hubby Matt should also be starting soon but twisted his ankle yesterday so has to hold off for a while. Any words of wisdom for a newbie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more doing the challenge the better so tell the hubby to stop whining about a wee sore ankle and get signed up. Only joking, hope he's better soon and signs up.

    The words of wisdom would be try and enjoy the experience of running every day but not to overdo things too early on because this is a marathon and not a sprint. This is also a mental and emotional challenge. You will have good days and bad days and sometimes feel a bit rubbish but the more days you grind out the easier it becomes.

    If you have a look at the athletes profile page and send me your answers to the questions and a photo then I'll get your details added to the page. My email address is basilfloyd@msn.com

    I look forward to reading your blogs over the course of the year :)

    Cheers,
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Karen!! And hi from Indiana!

    ReplyDelete