Sunday 30 December 2012

Jack: Day 193/365...Time to add some distance.

With my Edinburgh marathon place confirmed and only 5 months away I have decided that I need to start making an effort to include some longer runs in my training. As the majority of the runs over the last six months have been 5 kilometres I will make an effort to increase the mileage gradually over the next few weeks until I start following a proper marathon training program. Today I set off with the intention of being out for an hour. I did a loop of Queen's Park before running over to Pollock Park and completing a large loop there. As I approached my flat I noticed that my Garmin had just passed the 16k mark and so i decided to do a short loop away from the flat to take my total distance covered to 17k. I felt ok although my knees did start to ache slightly towards the end of the run. I will strive to stick to grassy surfaces as much as possible in future to minimise the impact on my joints but unfortunately  with the weather as it currently is, this is not always possible!

193 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment