Sunday 2 December 2012

Charles: Day 393/365 - Wobbly Williams Half Marathon

I've been undecided all week, because of the way I'd been feeling, on whether to do the Wobbly Williams Try-Athletes Half Marathon or 10k. I decided to do the half and I'm glad I did.

It was really icy and treacherous underfoot with frozen puddles and pathways. I got to just about the 15k point and my hip went "twang" and I then struggled and limped the next 6k. I'm still glad I did it to support one of the charities I raise money for.

Today was also a turning point on my journey on this round of the challenge as I've decided to call it a day when I reach day 400 as my legs and joints are really suffering in the cold now and I've not recovered from the hip injuries I got back on day 102 and day 150(ish). My day 400 run will be the jogScotland 5K Christmas Cracker on Sunday 9th December. My last official day on the challenge will be on Monday (day 401) after the running club. Do not fear as this will only be a short break as I intend to return on the 5th January (BUPA 5k Winter Run).

The details of day 393 can be found at Day 393/365 challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment