Monday 3 December 2012

Jack: Day 159-166/365...Dancing on Ice.

It's getting cold! This week the temperature has dropped dramatically and ice is forming on the pavements. Most of these runs took place in the early evening after school and so were dark, cold and precarious on the slippery paths! The times are therefore not fantastic as my main priority has been staying upright. I am yet to completely stack it and land on my backside but I fear it is only a matter of time! Over the weekend I was able to go out during the daylight and so made the most of this by running round the park. This meant that I could stick to the grass and enjoy less risk of slipping. This week I have mainly been listening to The Nextmen podcast on my runs. I have also started reading 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' which is pretty good so far. It is a book that a few people have recommended to me and is also one that I can teach at school so I though that it would be a good one to read. The running is going well so far but I think the next few months are going to be the hardest. The ease with which I have been able to pop out and do a quick 5k and be home again within twenty minutes is getting harder as the ice takes it's toll on my pace. We will see how I get on anyway!

159 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
160 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
161.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
161.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
162 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
163 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
164 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
165 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
166 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment