Wednesday 26 December 2012

Jack: Day 183/365...Halfway there!

I have completed the first half of the challenge which is a huge psychological milestone! Surely if I have done 183 consecutive days once I can do it again! As I would not be home from work today till 11pm (It was the pupil's Christmas Dance after school today!) I knew that I would have to complete my run early in the morning. As such I set off at 6:30 and ran the standard Giffnock 5K. It never ceases to amaze me how many other runners will be pounding the streets, whatever the weather, at this time of the morning. I passed several  other nutters who all gave a cheery smile and a wave as they jogged by me. What a strange breed the runner is! I have managed to convince a couple of the guys from work to join me in the Edinburgh Marathon and another few to do to half on the same day. I am looking forward to getting the training organised in the new year and have some company on the longer runs. The last 6 months have been pretty much a solitary venture and so it will be nice to shake things up a bit and have some conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment