Monday 10 December 2012

Charles: Day 401/365 - Until We Meet Again

I've now done 401 days of running a minimum of 5km per day and it is with tears of sadness and regret that I'm retiring from this challenge to allow my hip injuries to finally heal up before I start my marathon and ultra marathon training in January.

During the challenge I've managed: 2,706.72km = 1682.24 miles = 29.51 miles per week = 4.20 miles per day = 64.21 marathons = 401 days of running = 2 sore hips + sore knee = sore legs = time for a break

I have also made some wonderful, if not slightly crazy, new friends on this challenge and I will never forget the camaraderie that is shown amongst all those involved.

Never fear as you haven't seen or heard the last of me as I intend to return to the challenge on Saturday 5th January (BUPA Great Winter 5k Run) but in the meantime I shall keep reading the blog and make the occasional comment or simply be here to give some help and encouragement.

Keep on running :)

The details of day 401 can be found at Day 401/365 challenge

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your achievement and yes, you deserve a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, enjoy the rest, have a good hogmanay and see you next year. Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your achievements, enjoy the rest. Look forward to your return to the blog in the New Year. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Charles! What an effort!!! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete