Saturday 8 December 2012

Jack: Day 167-171/365...Taking on the nemesis.

So I have decided that this is the year that I will re-attempt the Edinburgh Marathon. After my disaster at the event in 2009 I haven't attempted the distance since however it has always plagued my mind that I came within yards of completing a marathon in sub-3hrs. As I am running everyday I feel that my running fitness is pretty good just now and I have 6months to increase the distance and prepare for the grueling 26.2 miles again. I have managed to convince my brother Tom to do it as well and a couple of the fellas from work sound keen also. Hopefully this added pressure of other people running will motivate me to keep pushing in training. I am going to give it absolutely everything this year and prepare nice and early as I feel I need to tick the box for hitting that target and then I can happily move on to a new ambition. Because of this decision to run Edinburgh I have decided that I need to start increasing the distance of my weekend run. Recently I have simply been covering 5k every time and that is not going to prepare me very well! Today I jumped it up to 9k which is still relatively short but I don't want to jump up the miles too quickly. As I had my staff xmas party last night I was a little tender this morning on the run but still managed to pull out a half decent pace and  complete the distance without too many pauses for breath! Next weekend I will be at Oli's Sandhurst passing out parade and so I could be in for another sore head on my Sunday run but at least it will be one that I will never forget...the night before however might be a different story!

No comments:

Post a Comment