Monday 10 December 2012

Jack: Day 172/365...Santa Dash

This morning I had managed to arrange for a team of runners from the school to participate in the Paisley Santa Dash Fun Run. With Kenny coming along as well I decided that I would enter the race. With my recent decision to enter the Edinburgh Marathon playing on my mind I decided that I should try to increase my mileage a little. I therefore took it upon myself to run the 9km from my flat to the race and then compete in the 5km. I took the 9k fairly steady and I had my bag on my back loaded up with extra kit and the entry forms/information packs for the pupils who would be joining me in the race. This run took almost 40mins and I then had 45 minutes to recover and get ready for the race itself. For the race all participants were dressed as Santa and completed a three lap route around Barshaw Park. I finished the race in first place which was a nice little ego boost and had my photo taken for the local paper! Lovely! All in all it was a good day and I got a few miles under my belt so I was very happy.

172.1 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details
172.2 by jackarnold87 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment