Sunday 16 September 2012

Nicky: Day 28 TBU day 2

Nicky: Day 28 TBU Day 2 by knickerscat at Garmin Connect - Details

Felt a little battered and bruised this morning after yesterdays long day out. Today is a shorter day, but on heavy legs with a major hill to contend with early on, it was set to be a tough day!   It was!!!
Cold drizzly & the hill facing us was HUGE! Very boggy with invisible foot paths! Clambering over heather & through gorse, leaping over massive puddles and picking our way through mountain streams - yes, I managed to slip into one up to my thighs too, to add to the cold!
Check point 1 was a welcome sight where I added more padding & plaster to my sore heels.
Myself Jannine & Kirsty then plodded along some country lanes & across plenty plenty of very thick boggy fields before reaching CP2. Quick stop before it was pretty much small roads all the way to the end. I was totally shattered! Another 19+ miles done.

Photo looks like I am paralympic training!!!! :D

4 comments:

  1. Good on you Nicky. What was the total distance? Must admit, at first glance I thought you had lost your leg! Hope it was a staged photo otherwise you were really flying up that hill! Nice scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Nicky. What was the total distance? Must admit, at first glance I thought you had lost your leg! Hope it was a staged photo otherwise you were really flying up that hill! Nice scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally inspirational Nicky. I wish I had your stamina to compete at these events :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total distance was 156m & yes Marg, it was definatly a staged photo! I was hobbling by this point as we had just come over the hills in the background!!

    ReplyDelete