Monday 10 September 2012

day 83/365 My First Marathon by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details

day 83/365 My First Marathon by robgundry at Garmin Connect - Details
This was the first year for this race so when i googled the toughest uk marathon it didnt show up !!
But as i soon discovered from seasoned marathon/trial runners it was the toughest.
The hills were extreme and brutal the bog stank !!
The feed stations and marshalls were brilliant and the best thing about the event was the support from other runners as we passed each other with high 5's.
I must shout out mike who ran with me from mile 3 and kept me going to the end we had to walk the hills as there was no way we could run them.
Now i'm home id like to thank all the challenge guys and girls for your support as the thing i'm proud to say is 'I'M A MARATHON RUNNER' got the sore nipples,black toe nails to prove it

4 comments:

  1. I hope you all got gold medals which you obviously deserve. The usual advice is to start off with an easy run. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I'm just glad I did it and thanks to everyone who has supported me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Rob, welcome to the club and is this the start of many more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to do more Pete but not that one. I'll see you on the 26 th next

    ReplyDelete