Monday 24 September 2012

Jack: New PB update!

Hey guys! I am due to get my internet sorted next week and so will update my blog posts with Garmin links! It has been a while since I updated my blog however I have still been out running everyday and I believe I have reached approximately 90days now. I will have a proper count later on today so that I can be sure of when I hit the big 100! I just thought I would post a quick update because I achieved a big personal milestone on Saturday at Parkrun Riddlesdown. I managed to score not only a new personal best for the 5k but it was also my first ever sub 17min. I recorded a time of 16mins 59secs which put me in second place. Still striving for my first Parkrun victory but it is nice to see the progress. Interestingly the course was one which I have only ever run once before. I was part of the contingent of nutters that took part in the run on Christmas Eve 2011...my time was 19mins 20secs. It speaks volumes for the benefits of the challenge that just nine months later, having spent the majority of that time running daily, I have taken almost two and a half minutes off my time. It is also somewhat frustrating that, even with a two and a half minute improvement in my time, I finished in exactly the same position in the field. Second. One day I will secure a first place but until then I will continue to pound out the early morning 5k loops and hopefully continue to see the improvement that has been so noticeable in my fitness.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/riddlesdown/results/latestresults

No comments:

Post a Comment