Thursday 7 June 2012

Charles: Day 214 & 215 - Cold Baths!!

My legs have been so heavy during my runs that I've taken the advice from the guy who gives me a sports massage and that is to take a cold water bath each night until the tired legs disappear. He said that my heavy leg problem is due to a build up of too much lactic acid causing the tight muscles and the best thing to help (other than the massage) is to have at least a 3 minute cold bath. Even stretching after my runs aren't helping.

I started taking a 10 minute cold bath on day 214 and, although my legs were still tired, I was able to bounce along a bit on my toes rather than shuffle on my heels during day 215. I'll keep taking the baths because I have to admit that anything that helps is better than nothing because I'm really starting to feel this challenge in my legs.

The details day 214 can be found at Day 214/365 challenge
The details day 215 can be found at Day 215/365 challenge

2 comments:

  1. not sure the danglies would stomach repeated cold insult! - still, if it helps the legs in the longer term, it has to be worth a shot... cold ice baths seemed to work for Cracknell and that comdian fella who ran loads of marathons back to back for sport relief or something? didn't look at all enjoyable though... 3 mins - it's a cheryl cole song in length!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also - just realised Charles that in another 50 days, you'll be able to move out of triple digits and back to double digits and count down from 99! :-)

    ReplyDelete